Eco Items on the Agenda
2 pm Special City Council Meeting
Item 3: Public Works, re: Status Update on Glendale-Los Angeles Garden River Bridge Project – REPORT
a. Motion to note and file this report on Glendale-Los Angeles Garden River Bridge Project status
Eco Items on the Agenda
6 pm Regular City Council Meeting
4. CONSENT ITEMS
c. Public Works, re: Adoption of Specification and Advertising for Bids for Scholl Canyon Perimeter Fencing Replacement Project – REPORT
Resolution adopting Specification No. 3960 for the Scholl Canyon Perimeter Fencing Replacement Project and directing the City Clerk to advertise for bids
d. Public Works, re: Authorization for Submittal of Department of Resources, Recycling and Recovery (CalReycle) Application for Payment Programs and Related Authorizations for a Period of Five Years – REPORT
Resolution authorizing submittal of CalRecycle grant applications and related authorizations for which the City of Glendale is eligible for five years
7. ADOPTION OF ORDINANCES
a. Management Services, re: Ordinance Amending Glendale Municipal Code, 1995, Title 8 Chapter 8.42 To Prohibit the Use, Distribution and Sale of Polystyrene Products on a Citywide Basis (Continued from 11/07/2023)
Ordinance for Introduction
Item 7A: GEC STRONGLY SUPPORTS THE ADOPTION OF THIS ORDINANCE
8. ACTION ITEMS
c. Glendale Water and Power, re: 2023 Electric Rates Cost of Service Analysis (COSA)
Ordinance Establishing Electric Rates for Glendale Water and Power Customers
d. Glendale Water and Power, re: Grayson Repowering Project – Demolition and Site Improvement Contract Contingency Amount Amendment; Balance of Site Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Contract Award, Professional Services Agreement Amendment; and Wartsila North America, Inc. Engineering and Procurement Contract Award
1. Motion authorizing an increase to the contingency amount by $10,000,000 to a new contingency amount of $15,443,747 to the existing Contract No. 8002075 with Silverado Contractors, Inc. (Silverado) for the Grayson Repowering Project.
2. Motion authorizing the City Manager, or his designee, to execute Amendment No. 1 to the existing PSA, Contract No. 8002155, with ARB, Inc. (ARB), increasing the not to exceed amount by $330,000 to a new not to exceed amount of $630,000 and to add the following to the scope of work: 1) develop an indicative construction cost for the Wartsila Power Island, and 2) perform the necessary engineering to support and prepare procurement documents for long lead electrical equipment, and 3) then obtain formal quotations.
3. Resolution authorizing the City Manager, or his designee, to execute an EPC contract with ARB, in the not to exceed amount of $362,700,000 plus a 10% contingency of $36,270,000 to 1) serve as the EPC for the Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) Power Island, 2) serve as the EPC for the BOS work, 3) integration of the BESS and Wartsila Power Islands into the Utility Operations Center, and 4) construct the Wartsila Power Island.
4. Resolution Amending Resolution 22-189, and authorizing the City Manager, or his designee, to execute an EP contract with Wartsila in the not to exceed amount of $108,555,800 plus a 15% contingency of $16,283,370 to provide and deliver the engineering design and equipment for the Wartsila Power Island.
5. Resolution of Appropriations
e. Glendale Water and Power, re: City Owned Solar Development Program – Phase 1 Award of Contracts
1. Motion authorizing the City Manager, or his designee, to execute a construction contract with Solar Optimum, Inc., using the Alternative Project Delivery Method for the Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) of Solar PV Systems for a not-to-exceed amount of $9,953,000 with a 15% contingency of $1,492,950 at the following project sites: 1) Sports Complex, 2) Glendale Community College Lot 34, 3) Utility Operations Center, 4) Central Library, and 5) GWP Perkins Building
2. Motion authorizing the City Manager, or his designee, to execute a contract with Motive Energy Storage Systems, Inc., using the Alternative Project Delivery Method for the EPC of Solar PV Systems for a not to exceed amount of $151,274 with a 15% contingency of $22,691 for project design and engineering, and environmental analysis under California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) at the following project site: 1) Brand Landfill
3. Resolution amending Resolution 23-24, authorizing the General Manager of Glendale Water & Power Department, or his designee, to utilize the Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC) Project Delivery Method for the Solar Photovoltaic System at Six Proposed Sites
Call In when the item is up: (818) 937-8100
Email council members in advance:
Mayor Dan Brotman: DBrotman@Glendaleca.gov
Elen Asatryan: EAsatryan@glendaleca.gov
Paula Devine: PDevine@glendaleca.gov
Note – Scheduling changes can and do occur. We try to keep this post updated if things change, but please consult the city website for official agendas.