Spread the word to professional gardeners and small landscaping companies!
Professional landscape services in California operated by a small business or sole proprietor can purchase discounted zero-emission lawn mowers, blowers and more through funding from the CARB’s Clean Off-Road Equipment (CORE). There are $27 million of “point of sale” discount voucher funds available for distribution. The program does not require scrappage of existing internal combustion engines. CORE opened November 7, 2022 and funds are expected to run out quickly. After 90 days, the funds open up to larger garden companies, then large landscape companies.
VISIT THIS WEBSITE FOR INFORMATION: https://californiacore.org/how-to-participate-professional-landscape/
“Professional landscapers often operate on very tight profit margins and can find it challenging to upgrade to new technology,” said Jacob Whitson, CALSTART’s lead project manager, “CORE’s new landscape voucher incentives will allow them to more easily adopt zero-emission professional equipment for their businesses, while in turn encouraging manufacturers to expand their offerings in this market.”
“Now widely available, this new cleaner, quieter equipment eliminates exposure to harmful fumes for the professionals operating these machines, and for anyone nearby,” said Sydney Vergis, chief of CARB’s Mobile Source Control Division.
“The CORE project incentive funds will help get more zero-emission equipment into the hands of landscape professionals — while also helping California meet its clean air and climate goals.”
Equipment purchasers can request vouchers for the following types of landscape equipment starting November 7, 2022:
- String trimmers
- Pole saws
- Handheld leaf blowers
- Backpack leaf blowers
- Walk-behind mowers
- Ride-on/Stand-ride mowers
- Power management equipment
More from CA Air Resources Board: https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/news/point-sale-vouchers-now-available-small-business-landscape-professionals-purchase-discounted
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Select equipment that suits your needs from the equipment catalog (Eligible Equipment: https://californiacore.org/equipment-category/landscaping-gardening/)
- Contact an eligible dealer. (Eligible Dealers: https://californiacore.org/dealerlist/)
- Provide the dealer with voucher request information.
- Purchase your CORE-discounted equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions from American Green Zone Alliance Website:
1. I would like to purchase CORE eligible equipment; how do I apply for a voucher?
Visit an approved CORE Program Dealer, to produce/ generate a voucher for you.
2. What documents are required from an equipment user throughout the voucher request and redemption processes?
The owner or responsible official must provide a California issued photo driver’s license or identification card and at lease one of the following supporting documents:
– C-27 Landscape Contractors License
– Entity number from the California Secretary of State
– Copy of a current and valid business license
– Business card and dealer attestation
3. Can I apply for more than one voucher?
Yes, however funding is capped at $25,000 per eligible purchaser.
Related Article: “Got the Leaf-Blower Blues? You’re Not the Only One.” (Sierra Club, Michael Shapiro, September 26, 2022)